The Football Club have recently teamed up with Dinnington High School to run a scholarship programme aimed at both boys and girls aged 16-18. An Open Day will be scheduled shortly, please contact Liam Kay for more information via email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 07990 584482.
A football scholar will undertake an education programme at Dinnington High School (courses subject to entry criteria) and also hold the opportunity to do paid and voluntary work for Worksop Town FC during the two year scholarship.
They will also enjoy;
- – 8 Hours of football
- – Gain qualifications that will be applicable in both the UK and USA to pursue careers in a wide range of fields
- – Opportunities to coach in primary schools
- – Enjoy links with ‘Sports Recruiting USA’
- – Enjoy their own common room
- – Full range of academic and vocational course available in both A-level and BTEC
- – Development reports will be sent to WTFC First Team Managers
The programme will be headed up by Liam Kay who is the Lead Coach of the Scholarship team, he had this to say upon its launch, ‘I myself played for professional clubs such as Aston Villa and Barnsley FC as a youth until the age of 20 when injury struck. I then had a couple of seasons playing semi-professional football for AFC Emley so I am aware of what standard is required to progress in the game. I have a vast knowledge of football coaching having worked with academies such as Barnsley FC and Manchester City, I have since joined Manchester United as both a scout and coach. I also work for England FA mentoring coaches, tutoring and coaching the England disability ID camp. I am trained as a UEFA coach and have completed my FA module three’.