Worksop Town 1-5 Sheffield F.C.

Tigers Battered In Penultimate Game Of The Season

‘The Worlds Oldest’ outclassed the Under 19s in a night to forget, the game was classed as our home game but played at Sheffield FC due to Sandy Lane being unavailable.

Sheffield F.C. raced into a first half lead through White, Hastings and Hutchinson. They added further two goals from Mitcheson and Mohammed either side of a White own goal to round the scoring off.

Sheffield F.C. dominated most of the first period. Five minutes in, Ehsan Mohammed sharply turned into the box but saw his thunderous effort tipped over by Callum Fielding. A minute later, Fielding was called into action again as a scramble in the box ended with Keeton Minchin firing a shot towards goal but Fielding dropped down to stop the shot.

Ten minutes later, Niall Blakemore made an excellent last ditch challenge to deny Sam Morley as he pulled the trigger.

Again Fielding was the saviour for the boys in Amber and Black. Brad Jones won the ball off Beaumont before taking a touch and driving a shot, low and hard, towards goal but Fielding got down quickly to hold onto the effort.

Club opened the scoring just before the half hour mark. Centre-back Sam White drove forward, skipping several challenges on his way, before tucking his shot past Fielding.

The Tigers then had their first major opportunity of the game. Christian Beaumont saw his initial shot blocked by White. Beaumont was then teed up again on the edge by Luke Smith, who had won back possession, but his shot was straight down the keepers throat who caught it.

Sheffield doubled their lead thanks to a fine strike from James Hastings. Hastings, on the left-hand corner of the area, wrong-footed Chad Wooton before planting a spectacular curling effort into the top right beyond the reach of Fielding.

Town barely had time to think as F.C. won the ball of the Tigers from kick-off. Alfie Eagle pumped a ball over the top to Louis Hutchinson who brought down the switch perfectly before keeping his cool to stroke his shot under the keeper.

Worksop almost pulled a goal back with minutes left on the clock. Harry Dunbar smartly scooped the ball past two opponents but unfortunately he saw his ferocious shot caught well by the hands of Ben Woodcock.

On the stroke of half-time, Hutchinson burst through on goal, once again, however this time he dragged his shot wide of the target.

HT: Worksop Town 0-3 Sheffield F.C.

When the Tigers looked for a response in the second period, but they were kicked again as Club added a fourth goal. Neat passes between Jones and Hastings allowed space to open up on the left channel. Hastings slotted the ball down the wing for Eagle to hit a low driven ball across for Ben Mitcheson to tap home.

Moments later, Josh Carpenter went close to netting against his old team. Carpenter was sent down the line by Blakemore, the number nine cut inside and curled an effort just wide of the upright.

The Tigers pulled a goal back in the fifty-fourth minute. Luke Smith’s in-swinging corner was converted by Sam White who was put under pressure by Carpenter.

Sheffield almost instantly restored their four goal advantage. Ehsan Mohammed’s freekick was powered onto the post by the head of Logan Chapell.

On the hour mark, Sol Williams slid through Igor Mlynarski however he rifled his shot into the side-netting.

Sheffield F.C. then added a fifth goal to their tally. A short corner was swung into the box by Sam Morley for Ehsan Mohammed who slammed the ball past Callum Fielding.

Worksop had two chances in as many minutes to score. Blakemore did very well to latch onto Smiths through-ball to cross it towards the back stick for Harry Dunbar who headed across the face of goal and wide. Then, Sam White gave Ben Woodcock an under-hit back pass, the keeper sliced his clearance straight to Nicholls who chipped it in first time but saw his attempt cannon off the face of the crossbar and out.

Winger Morley squared the ball into the middle for Mohammed but, unlike his goal, he saw his strike goalwards parried out to safety by Fielding.

Several minutes later, Cameron Evans was sent down the right flank. He hit a low driven cross towards the back stick where Sam Morley misjudged his shot and struck the post.

Town then went close to closing the deficit. Luke Smiths low corner was poked towards goal by Brad Smart but Woodcock got down quickly to pounce on the chance.

Sheffield had the final chance of the game. Sam Morley cut in from the left, ran along the edge of the area before seeing his shot headed off the line by Blakemore. Then, it was a heart in the mouth moment for Callum Fielding. He spilt the corner but Blake Blythe blocked a snapshot on the line and the ball fell into the hands of a relieved Fielding.

FT: Worksop Town 1-5 Sheffield F.C.
The referee blew the whistle to put an end to an unusual poor display from the young lads.

Goals: White OG (54’); White (27’), Hastings (39’), Hutchinson (40’), Mitcheson (49’), Mohammed (64’)

Lineup: Fielding, Wooton (Nicholls), Blakemore, Boyd, Cook, Williams, Mlynarski, Beaumont (Blythe), Carpenter, Dunbar (Smart), Smith

Unused Subs: Woodward, Stead

Leave a Reply