Haughmond FC vs Worksop Town FC

October 21, 2017
Score: 1 - 2

Match Report

Haughmond 1-2 Worksop Town

A strong Tigers win caps off an all round brilliant day for the Club.

Goals either side of a Phillips own goal from Turner and Jordan send the Tigers through to the next round!

17 year-old Goalkeeper Callum Fielding started the game after Jason Alexander continues his recovery from an head injury.

The Tigers opened the chances when Denton played the ball to Jake Currie who returned the favour but Alec could only shoot wide.

Currie, who was starting his first game since he dislocated his shoulder earlier in the season skipped past two defenders and played the ball to Jordan who was on the edge of the box however KJ curled his effort over the bar.

Haughmond had their best chance of the half when their number 7 ran down the left flank, cut inside and saw his shot deflect off Liversidge and then Phillips cleared off the line.

Worksop opened the scoring right on half time when Turner was played through on goal by Currie, his first initial shot was blocked by the legs of The Mond centre-back, Turner jumped back up and slotted the ball between the keeper and defender into the back of the net.

Worksop had a goal ruled out for a foul on the keeper ten minutes into the second half when Jordan chased the ball down to the byline where the Haughmond number one tried to shield the ball for it to go out for a goalkick. Jordan who won the ball and bent it into the corner of the net from the tight angle but the linesman deemed that Kyle had pushed the keeper.

Shortly after, Jordan should have doubled the lead when he went one on one with the keeper. KJ slipped the ball under the keeper but the ball rolled agonisingly wide of the post.

This seemed costly at the time as Haughmond got a slice of luck and equalised due to an own goal from Phillips. The number seven outwitted Hodder and beat him to the by-line to cross, Jed attempted to clear the cross but unfortunately slid the ball into his own net.

The Tigers found their winner six minutes from time as Kyle Jordan bagged his deserved goal. Jepson played a perfectly weighted ball over the top of the home side defence and Kyle ran on to it and dinked the ball over the goalkeeper and sent Worksop into the next round.

Turner was wrongly denied the third goal of the game as he won the ball off the keeper on halfway and raced towards and open goal but the ref blew the fulltime whistle and sent the travelling Worksop faithful into raptures.

Attendance: 150

Goals: Turner (45’), Jordan (84’)

Lineup: Fielding; Hodder, Phillips, Liversidge, Bishop; Barnett, Hill (Woolley), Jepson; Currie (Davies), Denton (Turner), Jordan